Monday, July 25, 2011

See These Ice Cubes, See These (raw) Ice Creams?



Ok, so I'm not Snoop Dogg, nor have I ever claimed to be, but I can drop some things if they're hot (ie, coffee, a potato, a skillet, even sunglasses, if they've been sitting in my car too long).  When it does get hot enough in my car, it makes me think that it's time to make something cold, like...Cinnamon Cashew Ice Cream!  No ice cream maker needed.

If you've never tried a RAW ice cream before, because you've turned your nose up to it or because Cold Stone is right around the corner, let me tell you...you are missing out!  This completely raw and vegan is so rich, creamy, sweet and sure to satisfy your summer cravings.  Why?  It's cashew based.  Trust me, I am not posting this for health reasons, although I could.  You'll see!

Ice Cream Base:
1 c. cashews (raw, not roasted and salted)
1 1/2 c. water or raw almond milk (or an even mix of both)
1/3 c. raw agave
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/3 c. raisins (This gives the ice cream a rich, buttery flavor)
1 tsp. organic vanilla
1 Tbsp. raw coconut oil

Directions:
  1. Take all the above ingredients and blend in blender for a couple of min. or until smooth.
  2. Now, you have a perfectly good vanilla ice cream base. At this point stir in: 1/2 tsp. cinnamon & your choice of the following (you may add up to a 1/4 cup total): carob chips, dk chocolate chips, raw nuts, raisins, fresh or dehydrated fruit.
  3. Add the mixture to a glass pan/bowl (or ice cube trays) and freeze up to 2 hrs. in freezer, checking periodically until firm yet creamy enough to eat.  Makes 4 servings, but if you're like me, it's only 1 :)

All base ingredients are added to blender
After all base ingredients are blened
Pour into glass dish after the extras have been added, then place in freezer.

 The end product!

1 comment:

  1. can you say RAWlicious :) Thanks Mel, we'll be trying this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete