Monday, May 23, 2011

Welcome to FitLicious!

Hi, glad you came!  I've created this site for those seeking culinary creativity, education and support on leading a Clean and Fit lifestyle.  You will find easy recipes, tips, and info to help you transform your mind and body.

My background:  I'm a foodie at heart.  I love to eat.  My life passion has been centered around cooking and baking, as I love to experiment with new and flavorful combinations.  Health and fitness has also been a a huge part of my journey to living a truly free life.  When I say "free"  I mean free of guilt and emotional hang-ups about food and my body, as well as living a free-spirited lifestyle.  It's an amazing feeling!

I'm currently a Raw Food Chef at a restaurant called My Parents House.  Although I am not yet 100% raw, I aim to be very shortly.  While staying with my parents for the next few months, we figured a great way to pay my rent is to become their personal chef and fitness muse.  It is definitely a challenge, as they are stubborn and scared to change their old and poor eating habits.  They have struggled with their weight for decades now and I know deep down they realize that fad diets (South Beach, Atkins, etc) and magic pills just DON'T WORK.  Period.  This is where I have decided to gently take their hands on get them on the right track to FitLicious bodies. After their raw food transitioning (some raw, some cooked) phase is over, I plan on eating 100% raw (my parents will make their own decision to follow suit).  Please, wish me luck on this journey!

Many of my friends are interested in what I've been doing to get fit.  Well, my recent efforts took place last fall... accidentally!  Several months ago I was at Barnes & Noble looking for a kick-ass pecan pie recipe to knock my family's socks off at Thanksgiving.  Well, I think my guardian angel had others culinary plans for me because I turned around and saw a book entitled Life Force Energy by Natalia Rose.  I picked it up and turned directly to a page that screamed to me.  The paragraph I landed on talked about digestive issues and the colon, something I've been struggling with for as long as I can remember.  Not only am I lactose intolerant, up until now I've always been left feeling bloated and awful, even after eating foods that I thought were healthy for me.  To make a long story short, I said "Forget the southern pecan pie, I'm going raw!".  I bought the book and made my family a delicious raw fruit pie, almond crust and all!  I never looked back  My stomach problems have improved as I am in tune with what works and what doesn't for my system, I effortlessly lost 20 lbs., and I'm feeling more and more inspired each day.

There is so much info out there that it can be overwhelming to most.  My goal is to simplify the process and show you exactly what foods and exercise have been working for me, so that you may be inspired.  I absolutely hate rules, in fact I loathe them so much that I live by none!  I'm not the preachy type, but I do have strong opinions on what we should and should not put into our bodies.  My hope is that you will find what works for you and that you will dive right in and get FitLicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment